Willing to accompany ULiège researchers throughout their carer, the Research office has developed various specific programmes.
Preparatory PhD Project Certificate (PPPC)
Have you completed a master’s degree? Are you considering pursuing a PhD? The 3 month “Preparatory PhD Project certificate” offers you the opportunity to:
- Establish a strong foundation for a successful career in research
- Explore tools used in research
- Learn how to ask pertinent research questions
- Develop a strong presentation for your project defence
- Receive support from a team of experienced administrators, faculty members and research units
Offered in French and in English.
Let's start a PhD !, 2 days to take a good start
Are you starting a PhD at the University of Liège? Start your research off on the right foot by participating in the seminar “Let’s start a PhD” (English: 2 day for international PhD Candidates) or “Pars-en-thèse” (French: 3 days).
This seminar is designed for you to:
- Familiarise yourself with the institution, relevant tools and resource persons
- Learn the keys to a successful PhD (mobility & funding opportunities, project management, scientific integrity, research and production of information…)
- Create a network of peers
- Develop your confidence as a doctoral candidate
Zen-thesis – workshop to remain motivated throughout your thesis
Are you currently a ULiège PhD candidate juggling research tasks such as data management, writing, and publications while building up your professional network and working with a team? “Zen- thesis” explores topics to remain motivated and balanced.
During these workshops, you will :
- Learn how to boost your motivation and proactivity
- Co-construct strategies to remain focused on the final goal and manage stress throughout your doctoral journey
PSRL : tools to boost your researcher carer
Are you a recognised or established researcher? Interested in connecting with other ULiège researchers? Are you looking to invest in your future and to take your career to the next level? Join the Professional Skills for Research Leaders programme.
It is an opportunity for you to:
- Expand your professional network
- Develop your research team
- Increase your funding and research budget
- Establish yourself as a recognised leader
« À la carte » training
Are you a PhD candidate or a researcher eager to develop your career and to enhance your professional skills? The Research Administration organizes over 80 training sessions, in French and in English, in Liège and Gembloux.
Workshops are divided into 7 themes and cover topics such as:
- Starting and developing research
- Disseminating research to the public
- Promoting results in Open Science
- Developing leadership and supervision skills
- Goal-setting in research career
- Discussing scientific integrity
Our training sessions are freely accessible to all ULiège researchers, whether on fixed-term contracts or permanent positions. To ensure a flawless organization, it is nevertheless essential to register.
- R0 – Futur/starting PhD Candidate
- R1 – First Stage Researcher (Up to the point of PhD)
- R2 – Recognised Researcher (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
- R3 – Established Researcher (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
- R4 – Leading Researcher (Researchers leading their research area or field)
Registration and convocation
Registrations will open end September 2020 via an online form. If a training does not appear in the form, it means either that there is a specific registration procedure (check the training page) or that it is "sold out". The number of places being limited, don't hesitate to send us an email to be on the waiting list : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consider your are registered and book your agenda. At the end of registration process, you will receive an confirmation email providing all the necessary information.
If, for any reason, you are unable to attend a training session, we ask you to notify us as quickly as possible. We will contact another applicant to replace you. Unjustified repeated absentees will be discarded from the program and cannot participate in any further future applications.
Participation certificate and evaluation form
After the training session, you will receive an evaluation form by email that we ask you to send it back to us as soon as possible. It’s a condition to receive your certificate of participation delivered by the Doctoral Council. Furthermore your feedback will help us to improve our training offer and better meet your needs.
|If you are not a member of the ULiège community and wish for further information about our training offer for researchers, have a look at this document. Our team will aslo be happy to answer specific questions.|