ERC at ULiège
The European Research Council has made available over 2 billion euros to fund cutting edge research each year. The University of Liège is committed to supporting internal and international candidates who wish to submit a research project for funding.
Calendar of 2021 calls for proposals
About ERC grants
The European Research Council offers 5 types of grants which allow a researcher, based on the stage of their scientific career, to build or consolidate a team to develop high quality frontier research.
- ERC Starting Grants aim to support young researchers with 2-7 years of experience after their PhD.
- ERC Consolidator Grants aim to support recognized researchers with 7-12 years of experience after their PhD.
- ERC Advanced Grants aim to support established researchers who are leaders in their field. Recipients should have carried out advanced projects and conducted significant scientific achievements over the past ten years of their research career.
- ERC Synergy Grants allow Lead researchers (2-4 PIs) to work together on unprecedented interdisciplinary research that would not be possible without this collaboration and synergism.
- ERC Proof of Concept Grants are open to former ERC grantees with the aim of promoting the results of their research and highlighting the innovation potential of their new discoveries.
Addition information on the ERC programme : https://erc.europa.eu/