HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R)
The University of Liege formally committed with the principles of the European Charter and Code of conduct for the recruitment of the researchers and developed an HR strategy strongly embedded in the institutional strategic plan for providing and supporting a stimulating and favorable working environment for researchers. In 2011, ULiège received the award "HR excellence in research" from the EU Commission.
What has happened since ULiege was awarded HRS4R in 2011?
- Two cycles were completed and progress and achievements were reported
(Cycle 1, 2011-2015; Cycle 2, 2015-2018)
- A new action plan was written, that integrates results from surveys held by the researchers
(Cycle 3, 2017-2020):
- An institutional strategic plan and an OTM-R policy were published in which HRS4R is embedded;
- ULiege engaged in the dissemination and exchange of good practices (career development, mobility, jobs)
A steering committee is driving the implementation. The members are authorities of the universities, researchers and administrative staff from different horizons:
- President : Anne-SOphie Nyssen, Vice-rector ffor Education and Well being
- Academic Staff : Grégory Cormann (Human and Social Sciences), Frank Delvigne (Sciences and Technology), Véronique Delcenserie (Health Sciences)
- Researchers' representatives : Tjhomas Desaive (CCS, Scientific staff association), Gilles Lepoint (CC-FNRS, FNRS researchers contact committee), Klara Weck and Gilles Degotte (ReD, Doctoral candidates association)
- Administrative staff : Laurent Despy (Administrator), Monique Marcourt (General Director), Isabelle Halleux (R&I), Linda Agro (ARH), Catherine Vandeleene (SMAQ), Brigitte Ernst (Euraxess Mobility Centre, Secretary of the steering committee)
- Experts can be invited
Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment of researchers
ULiege is aware to open its positions according to the international Research Performing University standards. This ensures that the best person for the job is recruited, guarantees equal opportunities and access for all. facilitates developing international portfolio (cooperation, competition, mobility) and makes research careers more attractive.
- C2 HRS4R and action plan
Comment: In August 2017, the EU requested ULiege to enter the strengthened process from January 2017. The C2 action plan was stopped and the achievements reported from 1/2015 to November 2017 when the new action plan (C3) was approved.
- Report : C2 3-years report (2015-2017)
- Action plans
- C1 HRS4R and action plan
- Self-assessment reports
- Action plans
Dissemination - Exchange of good practices
- French tranlation of EU templates:
- Support to the European Commission and Vitae-UK for assessing the HRS4R applications and reports
- Organisation of Master Classes for peers (Erasmus Staff Training)
- Participation to workshops and events :
- HRS4R "HR Excellence in Research" - What you have to know about, Euraxess Network Latvia, Riga, Latvia, 12/4/2019.
- Réussir la HRS4R - Un défi institutionnel ?, Université d'Angers, 14/1/2019.
- HRS4R excellence in research award. What to know about?, Visegrad4 Liaison Offices for Research, Brussels, 6/12/2018.
- L'évaluation de la HRS4R vue par un expert, Euraxess Day, Namur, 21/6/2018.
- Assessing HRS4R appliations - The principle, HRS4R Training for assessors, EU Commission, Brussels, 18/6/2018
- About the HRS4R process, VSNU HR Logo Bijeenkomst, VSNU, Utrecht, 29/1/2018.
- Sharing experience to assess the strengthened HRS4R - What is expect from a site visit, EU Commission, Brussels, 23/1/2018.
- What are the HRS4R benefits and impact for institutions and researchers?, Better Research Talent Management for a better Bulgaria and Romania, EU representation in Bulgaria, Sofia, Bulgaria, 17/10/2017.
- Tips and tricks to make your HRS4R implementation a success, Swiss Universities, Zurich, Switzerland, 5/9/2017
- Tips and tricks to make your HRS4R implementation a success, EU Commission Regional Workshop,Tallin, Estonia, 13/6/2017
- What are the HRS4R benefits/impact for the institutions and researchers, EU Commission Regional workshop, Ohrid, FYROM, 25/4/2017
- HRS4R: Quel apport pour les établissements, quelle plus-value pour les chercheurs, Clora Bruxelles, 3/2017.
- Institutional perspectives on HRS4R - Case study from ULg, Belgium, Sgroup meeting, Trondheim 2016
- Webinars :
- Assessing HRS4R applications under the strengthened procedure, Webinar for assessors, shared with K. Vandevelde, UGent, June & July 2017