Are you feeling disoriented, demotivated, or homesick? Are you having trouble understanding the attitude of a colleague or supervisor? Then let's talk about it.
About your personal situation
The psychological support service for students (including PhD students): is available at any time of the year during your academic programme for specific psychological support, and is fully confidential. The blues, stress, lack of motivation during the exam period, personal problems, doubts... Everyone can experience hard times or question themselves. Addressing the situation together is the first step forward.
The Cultural Diversity Department is at your disposal if you are an international student and you have questions related to settling into Belgium.
About your work environment
Trusted persons are ULiège officials trained to welcome, listen, and support the staff members who request it. They listen to the staff member who solicits them and can, if he or she so wishes, initiate an informal intervention (meeting the person implicated, referring you to another internal or external spokesperson at ULiège, referring you to another professional, carrying out a mediation...). The trusted persons act at the request of the person who solicits them, independently and confidentially. They are committed to quickly making themselves available.
Find out more (access reserved to members of the institution)
Cohezio (Public Service of Occupational Medicine) offers professional assistance for implementing the workplace well-being policy of the university via the monitoring of the (physical and psychological) health of its workers and the management of risks related to their work environment.
The Council of the Scientific Body (CCS) is the institutional consultation and representation body of the scientific staff of the University of Liège. It represents the scientific staff with the authorities of the institution and addresses concerns relating to the scientific career.
- Contact the administrative secretariat of the CCS:
- One of the tasks of labour unions is to defend the interests of workers vis-à-vis their employer. They can provide you with information on your rights and duties as employees of ULiège.
- You can contact the Council for Ethics and Scientific Integrity (C.E.I.S.) if you have questions about plagiarism, ethics, or scientific integrity in your research or your work environment.
The EURAXESS Centre of ULiège is located at the Research Administration. It is also accessible on the Gembloux site and via the Pacodel at Sart Tilman. It is better to make an appointment.
|EURAXESS Centre - Liège||EURAXESS Centre - Gembloux|
ULiège – ARD – EURAXESS
place du 20-août, 7 (bldg. A1) - B-4000 Liège
tél. : +32 4 366 53 36
|Laurent de Potter
ULiège - PACODEL
passage des Déportés, 2 (bldg. G1) - 5030 Gembloux
tél. : +32(0)81 62 22 43
Human Resources Research Management Strategy
The University of Liège subscribes to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers. The Human Resources Research Management Strategy of ULiège (2011-2014) includes 30 actions that it intend to develop and improve the status of researchers at ULiège. This internal quality control process includes a biannual self-assessment and an external evaluation after 4 years. The European Commission has awarded ULiège's approach with the title of "HR Excellence in Research".
The Staff Social Service
The Staff Social Service is at the disposal of all agents of the University who have to face difficult situations (personal or professional problems, health issues, financial problems...).
The Social Service works independently in order to respect the confidentiality of the talks.
The social worker is there to listen to everyone. She welcomes, informs, advises, orients and proposes solutions depending on the personal situation of the agent, regardless of their status.
- The social service receives by appointment, and is at your disposal for the following subjects:
- social loans (according to certain criteria)
- financial aid (according to certain criteria)
- various other social information
- possibility to join a group healthcare/hospitalisation insurance
Student Quality of Life - cultural diversity and the Student Social Service
For general questions related to their stay and their installation in Belgium, doctoral students can contact the Quality of Student Life - Cultural Diversity service, as well as the Student Social Service.
- Quality of Student Life - Cultural Diversity
place du 20-Août, 7 (bldg. A1) - 4000 LIEGE
tél. : 04/366.98.95
- Student Social Service
Ximena ARQUEROS ARROYO
Traverse des Architectes, 2 (bldg. 3) - 4000 LIEGE
tél. : 04/366.44.23 - X.Arqueros@uliege.be
- Support service for student life (Gembloux campus)
passage des Déportés, 2 (bldg. G1) - 5030 Gembloux
08/162 21 35 / 26 70 - email@example.com
Your contacts at the Human Resources Administration
Each staff member has three privileged contacts with the Human Resources Administration:
- an administrative file manager for all questions concerning contracts, types of leave, reductions in working time, certificates of employment, etc.
- a financial file manager for all questions relating to salary, transportation cost reimbursement, vacation pay, etc.
- a medico-social manager for absences due to illness, maternity leave, prophylactic intervals, breastfeeding breaks, etc.
The names of your file managers are listed at the bottom of your payroll.