The University of Liège promotes the technologies developed by its researchers. Among these, new products, processes or services are ready for licensing.
- New oral formulations of hydrophobic actives, such as curcumin
- HTS Mapping of HTLV-1 integration sites: A tool to monitor molecular response in ATL - Anne Van den Broeke(GIGA-Medical Genomics, Université de Liège, Belgium)and collaborators developeda novel sequencing-based assay that identifies both 3’ and 5’-LTR host junction sequences (Leukemia,2017, Volume 31, 2532–2535).This optimized method is more sensitive, faster and cheaperthan existing protocolsand can be integrated withinroutine sequencing programsused in a clinical settin
- Micro Free Flow Electrophoresis Chip
- Kisspeptin, potential treatment for low sexual desire in women
- Thermoformating apparatus for continuous production of solid oral dosage forms - The patented technology relates to a thermoformating apparatus to be used downstream of standard hot melt extruder and which enables continuous formation of solid oral dosage forms. Directly connected to the extruder, the apparatus enable full continuous production of final drug which fullfill the requirements of the European Pharmacopeia.
- Method for the rapid dosage of concentration of beta-lactam antibiotics - β-lactam antibiotics are amongst the most commonly prescribed drugs in clinical setting. They proved broad spectrum of antibacterial activity, efficacy and relatively low incidence of adverse events. They are extensively used across variable patient populations. Better understanding of interaction of these antibiotics and the body indicates that great variability among patients exists and that personalized dosing schemes should improve clinical outcomes..Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) is the way to assess, manage and monitoring the efficacy and safety of medications to maximize positive clinical outcomes.
- Theranostic potential of radiolabelled anti-CD38 sdAb
Engineering and technology
- Battery : Technology offers and Research teams at ULiège Research in the field of batteries at ULiège is encompassing several topics of major interest such as raw and processed materials, cells and components manufacturing, energy management systems, recycling, ... ULiège has notably built up a strong expertise in the development and processing of materials for the manufacturing of Li-ion battery electrodes.
- Safir - software for the simulation of the behaviour of building structures subjected to fire - Safir is a computer software for the simulation of the behaviour of building structures subjected to fire. The fire is introduced as a data (in term of a curve giving either the evolution of the gas temperature in the fire compartment or the evolution of the net flux on the surface of the structure) and the Software calculates the evolution of the temperature in the structural elements which can be discretized in 2D or 3D.
- Continuous-flow process for the production of polyethylene glycol - The technology relates to a new scalable, efficient and intensified continuous flow process in micro/mesofluidic reactors for the production of polyalkylene oxides such as polyethylene glycol.
- Continuous-flow process for a valuable transformation of glycerol - The technology relates to a new scalable, efficient and intensified continuous flow process in micro/mesofluidic reactors for the chemical transformation of glycerol into allylic compounds such as allyl alcohol.
- New wet deposition method to make electrochromic devices - USP is a wet deposition technique in which a precursor solution or suspension is sprayed onto a heated substrate (e g glass) to generate a thin functional coating.
- HitNet, a neural network learning faster and augmenting learning data set - HitNet was developed by Deliège Adrien, Anthony Cioppa and Prof. M. Van Droogenbroeck from the Telecommunications and Imaging Laboratory (ULiège, Montefiore Institute, Depart-ment of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science). HitNet is a redesign of a simple network to reach excellent performances where the output layer is replaced by a Hit-or-Miss (HoM) layer.
- ViBe, a powerful pixel-based technique that detects the background in video sequences - ViBe was developed by O. Barnich and Prof. M. Van Droogenbroeck from Montefiore Institute, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Liège. ViBe is a powerful pixel-based technique that detects the background in video sequences
- Semantic Background Substraction, an eff icient motion detection in video using objects recognition - Semantic Background Subtraction is a novel framework for motion detection in video sequences. It was developed by M. Braham, S. Piérard and Prof. M. Van Droogenbroeck from the Telecommunications and Imaging Laboratory from Montefiore Institute, Department of Electrical Enginee-ring and Computer Science of the University of Liège.
- Energy harvesting technology perpetual power supply IoT devices : the Microsys Lab from the University of Liège has developed a new system able to power electronic devices by using energy from the ambient environment (slow motion, vibrations).
- Comfortable wearable multi-sensor monitoring device for hospitalized patients : WearIT4Health has developed a wearable multisensor monitoring device that is comfortable for the hospitalized patients and compatible with the IT infrastructure of the different hospitals of Euregio Meuse-Rhine.
The monitoring device monitors vital parameters data (i.e. Early Warning Score) continuously and analyzes it in order to help the medical team to optimize data interpretation. It is also able to inform of clinical deterioration via notifications.
- ARTHuS - Adaptive Real-Time Human Segmentation in sports through online distillation : ARTHuS method : a real-time student segmentation network Sseg segments each frame of the video stream while its duplicate Strain continuously trains to mimic a slow but effective teacher segmentation network T. The weights of Strain are periodically copied into Sseg, which is thus consistently adapted to the latest match conditions and becomes match-specific.
Contact us if you are interested in a particular technology.