The University of Liège promotes the technologies developed by its researchers. Among these, new products, processes or services are ready for licensing.
- Targeting unfolded protein response to prevent neurodevelopmental disorders - The “Molecular regulation of neurogenesis” Lab of the GIGA (University of Liège, Belgium), directed by Dr. Laurent Nguyen, aims at identifying fundamental mechanisms that regulate cerebral neurogenesis.
- New tool to optimize anti-EGFR therapies - Our researchers at University of Liège have established an unexpected functional link between MT4-MMP (MMP-17) and EGFR pathway that allows optimizing treatment and prediction of the responsiveness to anti-EGFR in cancer therapy.
- Innovative chitosan-based biomimetic scaffold for wound repair and tissue engineering - Our researchers have developed an innovative chitosan-based scaffold for wound repair and tissue engineering. This new scaffold-type has unique structural properties that stimulate the healing process and improve of the overall quality of the repaired tissue through a more adequate revascularization, re-epithelialization and remodeling of the granulation tissue. Easy-to-handle, and large potential for re-modelling.
- New oral formulations of hydrophobic actives, such as curcumin
- HTS Mapping of HTLV-1 integration sites: A tool to monitor molecular response in ATL - Anne Van den Broeke(GIGA-Medical Genomics, Université de Liège, Belgium)and collaborators developeda novel sequencing-based assay that identifies both 3’ and 5’-LTR host junction sequences (Leukemia,2017, Volume 31, 2532–2535).This optimized method is more sensitive, faster and cheaperthan existing protocolsand can be integrated withinroutine sequencing programsused in a clinical settin
- VACCINE against KOI HERPESVIRUS - The laboratory of Immunology-Vaccinology of the Veterinary Faculty of the University of Liège developed a safe and efficacious attenuated vaccine to protect common and koi carp against CyHV-3. This vaccine is compatible with mass vaccination of carp by immer-sion in water containing the vaccine.
- Thermoformating apparatus for continuous production of solid oral dosage forms - The patented technology relates to a thermoformating apparatus to be used downstream of standard hot melt extruder and which enables continuous formation of solid oral dosage forms. Directly connected to the extruder, the apparatus enable full continuous production of final drug which fullfill the requirements of the European Pharmacopeia.
Engineering and technology
- Battery : Technology offers and Research teams at ULiège Research in the field of batteries at ULiège is encompassing several topics of major interest such as raw and processed materials, cells and components manufacturing, energy management systems, recycling, ... ULiège has notably built up a strong expertise in the development and processing of materials for the manufacturing of Li-ion battery electrodes.
- Safir - software for the simulation of the behaviour of building structures subjected to fire - Safir is a computer software for the simulation of the behaviour of building structures subjected to fire. The fire is introduced as a data (in term of a curve giving either the evolution of the gas temperature in the fire compartment or the evolution of the net flux on the surface of the structure) and the Software calculates the evolution of the temperature in the structural elements which can be discretized in 2D or 3D.
- Block Copolymers of Ethylene and Vinyl Monomers - Block copolymerizing ethylene with vinyl monomers is however less obvious and remains a real challenge, especially for polar monomers. The present technology relates to a new process to manufacture block copolymers made of a polyethylene block and a block formed bythe polymerization of polar vinyl monomers such as vinyl esters, N-vinyl amides, (meth)acrylates, (meth)acrylamides, acrylonitrile, etc.
- Continuous-flow process for the production of polyethylene glycol - The technology relates to a new scalable, efficient and intensified continuous flow process in micro/mesofluidic reactors for the production of polyalkylene oxides such as polyethylene glycol.
- Continuous-flow process for a valuable transformation of glycerol - The technology relates to a new scalable, efficient and intensified continuous flow process in micro/mesofluidic reactors for the chemical transformation of glycerol into allylic compounds such as allyl alcohol.
- New wet deposition method to make electrochromic devices - USP is a wet deposition technique in which a precursor solution or suspension is sprayed onto a heated substrate (e g glass) to generate a thin functional coating.
- HitNet, a neural network learning faster and augmenting learning data set - HitNet was developed by Deliège Adrien, Anthony Cioppa and Prof. M. Van Droogenbroeck from the Telecommunications and Imaging Laboratory (ULiège, Montefiore Institute, Depart-ment of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science). HitNet is a redesign of a simple network to reach excellent performances where the output layer is replaced by a Hit-or-Miss (HoM) layer.
- ViBe, a powerful pixel-based technique that detects the background in video sequences - ViBe was developed by O. Barnich and Prof. M. Van Droogenbroeck from Montefiore Institute, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Liège. ViBe is a powerful pixel-based technique that detects the background in video sequences
- Semantic Background Substraction, an eff icient motion detection in video using objects recognition - Semantic Background Subtraction is a novel framework for motion detection in video sequences. It was developed by M. Braham, S. Piérard and Prof. M. Van Droogenbroeck from the Telecommunications and Imaging Laboratory from Montefiore Institute, Department of Electrical Enginee-ring and Computer Science of the University of Liège.
- Energy harvesting technology perpetual power supply IoT devices : the Microsys Lab from the University of Liège has developed a new system able to power electronic devices by using energy from the ambient environment (slow motion, vibrations).
- Comfortable wearable multi-sensor monitoring device for hospitalized patients : WearIT4Health has developed a wearable multisensor monitoring device that is comfortable for the hospitalized patients and compatible with the IT infrastructure of the different hospitals of Euregio Meuse-Rhine.
The monitoring device monitors vital parameters data (i.e. Early Warning Score) continuously and analyzes it in order to help the medical team to optimize data interpretation. It is also able to inform of clinical deterioration via notifications.
Contact us if you are interested in a particular technology.
ULiège Knowledge Transfer Office - Contact