Towards innovation 4 : Search into patent databases
Towards innovation 4
Search into patent databases
R1-R3 - PhD candidates of all disciplines, from the first year on, to PhD holders
To have previously followed module A2-VALO1 ‘Towards innovation, Introduction to Intellectual Property ’.
It is recommended to participants to bring their lap-top
Benoit VAN DRIESSCHE
The seminar will discuss the following topics
- Patent, as a source of information :
- Structure of a patent
- Analysis of patent information (State-of-the-Art, Freedom to operate)
- How to conduct a search into publicly-accessible patent databases?
- IP databases, as a source of information : IP landscaping, technological watch
This participative seminar will explore practical examples with participants in order to integrate the concepts more easily.
The goal of this training is to inform participants in an interactive way about :
- Intellectual property (IP)–databases, focused on patent-databases ;
- Scientific and strategic informations that are available into these databases, focused on patent-databases
This training will enable participants to understand the potentiality of IP-databases, more particularly on patent-databases, and how to find informations with added-value that could be integrated into their research project.
Date : Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 - 09:00-12:30
Location : Interface ULiege; the exact location will be communicated upon confirmation of registration
Language : English
Maximum number of participants : 20
Before March 17th, 2020, via the online form. Registrations will be confirmed by eMail.