1 : introduction to intellectual property
1- Introduction to intellectual property
R1, R2, R3 - PhD candidates & PhD holders
Elodie NAVEAU & Fabienne PIRON
Interface Entreprises- ULiège
This participative seminar will explore practical examples with participants in order to integrate the concepts more easily.
The following topics will be discussed:
- IP rights (copyright, trademarks, patents)
- The means of proof (laboratory notebook, i-depot)
- Declaration of an invention
- The criteria of patentability
- The steps of a patent application
- Patent and publication, compatible ?
- Patent as a source of information :
- How to read a patent?
- How to conduct a search in patent databases?
The goal of this training is to inform participants in an interactive way about :
- Intellectual property and related rights
- Intellectual property issues in a research project
- The importance of confidentiality and protection measures before disclosing certain results
- The use of patent databases as a source of information
This training will enable participants to question on the protection of their results before any disclosure and allow them to integrate issues related to intellectual property rights.
- Date : Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 - 9:00-12:30
- Location : Interface ; the exact location will be communicated upon confirmation of registration
- Language : English
- Maximum number of participants : 20
Registration before November 8th, via the online form (soon available). Registrations will be confirmed by eMail.