Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) provide funding for all stages of a researcher's career - from doctoral students to more experienced researchers - and encourage international, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility.
MSCA grants enable research organisations to host talented foreign researchers, regardless of age and nationality, and to create strategic partnerships with leading institutions in Europe and around the world.
MSCA grants enable research organisations to host talented foreign researchers, regardless of age and nationality, and to create strategic partnerships with leading institutions in Europe and around the world. Several researchers from the University of Liège benefit from this funding.
- MSCA Doctoral Networks (formerly ITN - Innovative Training Networks) : network of supervisors around a common innovative research project and high-level doctoral training (min. 3 partners from 3 different EU or associated countries). 4-year projects, recruitment of max. pers-months (max. 36 months per PhD candidate). Incentives for industrial or joint PhDs.
WARNING : Resubmission restriction - having obtained min. 80% the previous year.
- MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships (formerly IF - Individual Fellowships) : individual postdoctoral projects from 12 to 24 months for a mobility in Europe, or from 24 to 36 months for a "global" mobility (secondment outside the EU before compulsory return to the EU). Incentives for postdocs after a research career break, or for a return to Europe, or for a postdoc in the non-academic sector.
WARNING : there is now an experience limit set at max. 8 years after the completion of the PhD thesis (diploma required now). It is also necessary to have obtained a min. of 70% to be allowed to resubmit the project the following year.
- MSCA Staff Exchanges (formerly RISE - Research & Innovation Staff Exchanges) : network of partners for staff mobility (no salary) around a common project. 4-year projects, max. 360 pers-months. Interdisciplinary secondments possible in the EU (max. 1/3 of the project's pers-months).
- MSCA COFUND : co-financing of (institutional) research and training programmes for researchers (doctoral or postdoctoral)
- MSCA and Citizens : events for the general public such as the European Researchers' Night.
It should be noted that from 2021 (Horizon Europe), Marie Curie Actions should also integrate the Green Charter (reduction of the carbon impact of projects, raising awareness of environmental issues, sustainable behaviour, etc.).